National Anaesthetic Technicians Day
It's National Anaesthetic Technicians Day. Thank you to all our awesome Anaesthetic Technicians for all that you do.
Anaesthetic technicians assist anaesthetists during operations and prepare operating theatres and clinics for anaesthetic procedures. They do way more than that though, you will also find them:
- Inserting IV lines and long-term use PICC lines
- Keeping our patients comfortable in radiology
- Setting up life support and anaesthetic machines and monitoring patients’ vital signs
- Informing and reassuring patients, and checking for conditions that could create problems under anaesthesia
- Helping anaesthetists place patients' breathing tubes and intravenous lines
- Assisting anaesthetists to administer anaesthetics
- Looking after patients as they awaken from an anaesthetic.
← Back to the news