Returning Allied Health Equipment
This information below relates to equipment given to you by your Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to help with your mobility and function at home, for example wheelchairs, walking aides, and bathroom equipment. It doesn’t cover equipment from other departments, for example pain pumps.
If you have any questions about returning your equipment, please phone or text the Equipment Coordinator on (09) 375 4333 or 021 240 7599, 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Your equipment has been loaned to you for 6 weeks to help your recovery.
The hire company will contact you to organise a convenient time to collect the equipment, either the morning or afternoon on a specific day. Please assist them by being available at the agreed time.
If you think you may need this equipment for more than 6 weeks, please contact ACC on 0800 101 996 to ask for replacement equipment. You’ll need your ACC number handy.
Non ACC patients
This equipment has been loaned to you to help your recovery, please make sure it’s clean before you return it.
Returning your equipment in person
- Equipment should be returned to the Transition Lounge at Auckland City Hospital (opposite Car Park A).
- Free drop off parking is available just outside the Transition Lounge.
- The Transition Lounge is open between 7am – 7pm, Monday to Friday.
- Outside of these hours please take your equipment to Main Reception on Level 5 and leave your details.
Returning by courier
- If you are unable to return the equipment in person we have negotiated special rates with the courier SUB60.
- To arrange this, contact SUB60 on (09) 526 3670 and quote ‘ADHB30’ for the special rates to apply. SUB60 will advise you of the cost which will need to be paid on pick-up.
- Alternatively you can use a courier of your choice.
Waiting for permanent equipment?
If you are waiting for permanent/ long-term equipment to be delivered by a company called Accessable, it’s important that you accept this equipment when it arrives and return the Auckland DHB loan equipment.