Help with statistics
Our statistical advisor and data analyst, Rong (Bobo) Hu, to assist Auckland DHB researchers with the planning and analysis of their research projects. Bobo is located in the research wing on the 14th Floor of the Auckland City Hospital Support Building.
All Auckland DHB Adult Health and Allied Health staff are eligible to consult with Bobo, but it is crucial that the consulting service form [DOC, 47 KB] is completed and submitted first.
Please note: we cannot guarantee that Bobo will be able to assist with your project within your timeframe or deadline. It is greatly preferred that you submit the form giving two-weeks, or more, notice of your request. Also note that Starship researchers requiring statistical support should continue to contact the Starship research statistical advisor, Dr Peter Reed, email@example.com in the first instance.
Please email your completed form [DOC, 51 KB] to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assess your questions quickly and provide the assistance you require. You are welcome to send further information by email with attachments. For example, it may help to:
- Describe in the form your scientific problem and the statistical issues you want to discuss (eg, study design, methods of analysis, interpretation and /or presentation of the results).
- Begin with a statement of your scientific aims, if possible, and provide some background or context for us.
- List any references in your field which might help familiarise a consultant with your work (attach copies of important papers if possible).
- Send us or bring to the meeting samples of questionnaires or any forms used for data collection.
- If possible, please bring copies of any preliminary descriptive analyses of your data, including graphics (histograms, scatter plots, etc).
- If you have a collaborator or advisor who could provide additional valuable input, we would encourage their attendance.