Between 3 September and 1 October 2019, APEX union Psychologists who take industrial action will not participate in group therapy with service users. Because of the industrial action a number of DBT group sessions will not go ahead between 3 September and 1 October.
We are directly contacting all service users and whānau whose group sessions are affected.
We understand you may be concerned by this and want to reassure you plans are in place to ensure you or your whānau member has comprehensive support through this period.
- All other parts of the DBT programme will continue as usual, including individual therapy and 24-hour phone coaching.
- Our other DHB services will also continue to be available including your current arrangements with keyworkers, psychiatrists, and other mental health staff.
- Support will be available as usual through our after-hours urgent services. Call the mental health crisis helpline on 0800 800 717.
- DBT group sessions will resume after 1 October. If you or your whānau member’s group session is put on hold due to the industrial action, you will still receive the number of DBT session you were enrolled for.
If you have any questions or concerns, please discuss this with your individual DBT therapist, another staff member involved in your clinical care, such your keyworker or psychiatrist, or the manager of the service you attend.
What you need to know:
- Industrial action by APEX union Psychologists will take place from 8am Tuesday 3 September until 8am Tuesday 1October
- A number of DBT group sessions will be put on hold during this period of industrial action.
- During the period of industrial action, all other parts of the DBT programme will continue as usual, such as individual therapy and 24-hour phone coaching.
- All other DHB services will continue to be available to you or your whānau member during the industrial action period. This includes current arrangements with Keyworkers, Psychiatrists, other Mental Health staff and our usual after-hours urgent services.
- If you or your whānau member’s group session is put on hold due to the industrial action, you will still receive the number of DBT session you were enrolled for.