Industrial action by APEX Psychologists
Industrial action by APEX union Psychologists began at 8am on Tuesday 1 October and will end on Friday 1 November at 8am.
During the industrial action, participating APEX union Psychologists will complete a maximum of two hours of face-to-face contact with patients and whānau each day.
This is not a full withdrawal of labour.
Patient safety remains our priority and we are continuing to provide psychology services throughout the industrial action.
What you need to know:
- Industrial action by participating APEX union Psychologists began at 8am on Tuesday 1 October and ends on Friday 1 November at 8am.
- The industrial action is not a full withdrawal of labour.
- Plans are in place to ensure we provide comprehensive 24/7 support during this period, including psychology services.
- Some appointments will need to be rescheduled. If you are a patient, please come to your scheduled appointment unless we have contacted you directly to say your appointment is being rescheduled.
- Our message to all those who access our services is that your safety and wellbeing is our top priority. There is a team of people here to support you during this industrial action.
- If you need our care, we are here.
We respect our Psychologists’ right to take industrial action and know the decision whether to take action or work is a very difficult decision to make.