Health Excellence Awards
Applications for the 2018 Health Excellence Awards are now closed.
The Auckland District Health Board Health Excellence Awards highlight examples of excellence that make a difference to the health and experience of our patients and community. They are our way of recognising and celebrating the dedication of our people and inspiring others by sharing excellence.
If you are taking part in an innovative project or research, that has potential to make a difference to our patients, our community, or our people, please take a look at the award categories and criteria.
Applications are assessed by an expert panel of judges.
Finalists and winners are invited to the prestigious awards evening to be held November 2018 at The Hilton where the winners will be revealed.
The awards evening is made possible with generous support from the Auckland Health Foundation and Starship Foundation(external link) (external link) .
Who can enter?
Applications are invited from Auckland DHB employees and contractors, primary care organisations and GP practices and NGOs who provide services to the Auckland DHB population that keep our community fit, well and healthy.
Whether you are in a clinical or non-clinical position, you are encouraged to apply for an award in one or more of the categories.
You can either put your own project forward or nominate a project or initiative that you know of that delivers Health Excellence.
- Applications open 9 August 2018
- Applications close 14 September 2018 - applications received after this date will not be considered by the judges
- Finalists announced 22 October 2018
- Winners are revealed at the awards evening on 28 November 2018
- The Auckland District Health Board Health Excellence Awards are open to all employees of Auckland DHB and those who work with Auckland DHB in the community to support our population to be healthy.
- Entrants may self-nominate or be nominated by another.
- Individuals or teams may enter the Auckland DHB Healthcare Excellence Awards.
- An individual or team may enter more than one category, providing a separate application is prepared for each project, publication or programme.
- Each project, or programme must either be active, or have concluded July 2017 or later
- All applications for the awards must be submitted electronically by 14 September 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered by the judges.
- All entries for the Research category must have been published after 1 January 2017.
- The total word count of your application should not exceed 2000 words. This excludes any tables and images.
- If you are a finalist, the judging panel may ask you to provide further information about your entry. This could take the form of a short presentation, a poster or a video about your entry or some additional questions.
- Information provided in any application will be held by Auckland DHB for the purpose of assessing the applications and promoting the Awards. In submitting an application, applicants consent to the publication of some or all of the information contained within their application.
- All finalists and winners will be photographed for publicity purposes before and during the awards
- Finalists and winners will be asked to take part in a short video that will be used at the awards and for any post publicity about the Awards.
How to apply
Once you have completed your application form make sure you save it and follow the instructions below to upload it to Judgify – the online portal for the Awards.
Instructions for uploading
First you will need to register – click the link at the top right of the screen. Add in your details: Name, Email Address and a Password (make a note of your password, in case you want to go back in and edit your nomination or submit another nomination).
After you have registered, you will be taken to the page to submit your completed nomination form:
- Enter the award category name – from the drop down list
- Enter the name of the person or team you are nominating
- Enter your name
- Click on the browse button and follow the instructions from there
- After your document has been uploaded (it may take a few seconds), press the submit button or press submit and add new if you have other nominations to add
Once you are registered, you can log back in to Judgify to add further nominations.
You can edit your nomination up until the closing date.
If you experience any difficulty submitting your nomination form, please email email@example.com
The judging process
Applications will be assessed by a panel of internal and external experts using the published criteria.
The judges will choose up to four finalists for each category.
The finalists for the Health Excellence Awards 2017 will be announced in October 2018.
The finalists may be asked to submit further information to support their application and help the judging panel make their final decision to select a winner. This may be in the form of a presentation.
The winners will be announced at the Health Excellence Awards evening in November 2018.
If you have a question about the Health Excellence Awards please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find all of this information in our Health Excellence Awards 2018 Information Pack. [DOC, 460 KB]