- Auckland DHB 2016/2017 Annual Plan [PDF, 4 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2015/2016 Annual Plan [PDF, 3.5 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2014/2015 Annual Plan [PDF, 2.9 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2013/2014 Annual Plan [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2012/2013 Annual Plan [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2011/2012 Annual Plan [PDF, 4.7 MB]
The report shows outcomes on the clinical and financial goals in the Annual Plan.
- Auckland DHB 2016/2017 Annual Report [PDF, 3.2 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2015/2016 Annual Report [PDF, 24 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2014/2015 Annual Report [PDF, 8.2 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2013/2014 Annual Report [PDF, 7.5 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2012/2013 Annual Report [PDF, 3.9 MB]
- Auckland DHB 2012 Annual Report [PDF, 32 MB] (This version contains minor typographical corrections from the version tabled in Parliament on 13 December 2012)
Chief Executive's business expenses & gift disclosures
The Auckland DHB publishes these spreadsheets annually. The spreadsheets show the business expenses the CEO, has incurred as well as any gifts or hospitality over the value of $100.
- 1 July 2016 - 30 June 2017 [XLSX, 29 KB]
- 1 July 2015 - 30 June 2016 [XLSX, 31 KB]
- 1 July 2014 - 30 June 2015 [XLSX, 28 KB]
- 1 July 2013 - 30 June 2014 [XLSX, 23 KB]
- 1 January – 30 June 2013 [XLS, 53 KB]
- 1 July – 31 December 2012 [XLS, 60 KB]
- Child Abuse, Neglect, Care & Protection Policy [PDF, 384 KB]
- Youth Health Improvement Plan [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Integrated Child and Youth Mental Health and Addictions Direction 2013–2023 [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Auckland DHB-WDHB Child Health Improvement Plan 2012–2017 [PDF, 674 KB]
- Vulnerable Children Act 2014 factsheet [PDF, 185 KB]
- Sample Child Protection Policy [PDF, 153 KB]
- Child Protection Policy Template [PDF, 60 KB]
Health emergency plan
This plan sets out our emergency management arrangements at national, regional and local levels to maintain a resilient and sustainable health sector during any potential significant health or civil emergency.
Health needs assessment
- Asian Health Benchmarking Technical Report for Waitemata and Auckland DHBs 2017 [PDF, 17 MB]
- Health Needs Assessment [PDF, 4.2 MB]
- International Benchmarking of Asian Health Outcomes for Waitemata and Auckland DHB 2017 [PDF, 6.2 MB]
Health of older people
Kaumātua action plan
The Auckland and Waitemata DHBs Kaumātua Action Plan 2015 – 2018 documents Auckland and Waitemata DHBs attempt to recognise and address the future implications of the changing older Māori population. The impact will be significant and widely felt across the whole heath sector.
- Health & healthcare where it matters: A locality approach for Auckland & Waitemata DHBs [PDF, 820 KB]
- Māori Health Plan 2017/2018 [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Māori Health Plan 2016/2017 [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Māori Health Plan 2015/2016 [PDF, 962 KB]
- Māori Health Plan 2014/2015 [PDF, 1 MB]
- Māori Health Plan 2013/2014 [PDF, 796 KB]
- Māori Health Plan 2012/2013 [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- Māori Health Action Plan, Te Aratakina: A pathway forward (2006–2010) [PDF, 8.9 MB]
Northern region health plan
Palliative Care Strategy
This strategy will guide further development of integrated palliative care services across the Auckland DHB district.
Provider services business plan
The Auckland DHB Provider Services Business Plan for 2017/18 outlines the key priorities and focus of Hospital and Community Services to implement the Auckland DHB strategy and achieve our vision of Healthy communities, World-class healthcare, Achieved together.
- Provider Services Business Plan 2017-2018 [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Provider Services Business Plan 2016 - 2017 [PDF, 947 KB]
- Provider Services Business Plan 2015 - 2016 [PDF, 2.2 MB]
The Quality Account focuses on the achievements we have made against our commitment to make the quality and safety of patient care our highest priority.
- Quality Account 2016/2017 [PDF, 8.2 MB]
- Quality Account 2015/2016 [PDF, 27 MB]
- Quality Account 2014/2015 [PDF, 9.5 MB]
- Quality Account 2013/2014 [PDF, 15 MB]
Rainbow health report (Affinity Services)
- Rainbow Health: The Public Health Needs of LGBTTI Communities in Aotearoa New Zealand with Policy Recommendations [PDF, 797 KB]
Regional information strategic plan
The Regional Information Strategy supports the transformation to new models of care. Strategies across key information areas underpin the development of a person-centred model and better, more convenient healthcare.
Rheumatic Fever Prevention Plan
Serious and adverse/sentinel events
The serious and adverse event reports signal that Auckland DHB has a healthy reporting culture. It is one which is aimed at identifying preventable adverse events and learning from them. This is so that every best effort is made to try and avoid events such as these occurring again.
- Auckland DHB Serious Adverse Events Report 2016/2017 [PDF, 183 KB]
- Auckland DHB Serious Adverse Events Report 2015/2016 [PDF, 88 KB]
- Auckland DHB Serious Adverse Events Report 2014/2015 [PDF, 160 KB]
- Auckland DHB Serious Adverse Events Report 2013/2014 [PDF, 174 KB]
- Auckland DHB Serious Adverse Events Report 2012/2013 [PDF, 185 KB]
- Auckland DHB Serious Sentinel Events Report 2011/2012 [PDF, 187 KB]
Statement of intent 2013/14
This document outlines for Parliament and the general public the performance that will be delivered during 2013/2014 by Auckland DHB and contains non-financial and financial information for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.
The Auckland DHB Strategy was approved by the board in June 2016. This eleven-page document contains the seven strategic themes determined by the board, along with seven strategic mandatories. These themes and mandatories are common across Auckland and Waitemata DHB and refer to work done across both the Funder and Provider arms (ie the full scope of DHB activity).
System Level Measures Improvement Plan
The Counties Manukau Health and Auckland Waitemata Alliance Leadership Teams have undertaken a joint approach to the development of a System Level Measures improvement plan. Building on the one team theme in the New Zealand Health Strategy, we have co-developed a single improvement plan to ensure streamlined activity and reporting and best use of resources within the health system.