Auckland Lantern Festival - road closures
Auckland Lantern Festival (external link) takes place 1 - 4 March 2018 in the Domain. The four day festival celebrates the Chinese New Year. The event is lots of fun for those attending but does have an impact on the roads surrounding Auckland City Hospital and Starship Hospital.
Road closures will be in place but patients, visitors and emergency vehicles will be able to access the hospital at all times. Additional security will be on site to help direct you to the right place.
There will be a dedicated traffic lane for staff, patients and visitors from Grafton Road into Park Road as follows:
- Thursday and Friday – 7pm to approximately 9pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 6pm to approximately 9pm
- Thursday 22 February from 7am to 3pm Thursday 1 March: Road closures and parking restrictions begin in the Domain.
- Thursday 1 and Friday 2 March - from 7pm to Midnight: Carlton Gore Road, Park Road, Grafton Bridge and many of the surrounding side roads will be closed
- Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 March - from 6pm to Midnight: Carlton Gore Road, Park Road, Grafton Bridge and many of the surrounding side roads will be closed
- Monday 5 March, Tuesday 6 March from 5am to 8pm: Domain Drive (between The Crescent)
If you are travelling to the hospital by bus there are some detours and bus stop changes during the festival. Additional buses and trains will also be running. You can find all the details on Auckland Transport Website (external link) .
Last modified:← Back to the news